Bu Relase ile ilgili Microsoft'un yayınladığı notlardan birkaç alıntı paylaşmak istiyorum.
- Bwin, is the world’s largest regulated online gaming company. SQL Server 2014 lets bwin scale its applications to 250K requests a second, a 16x increase from before, and provide an overall faster and smoother customer playing experience.
- Ferranti, which provides solutions for the energy market worldwide, is collecting large amounts of data using smart metering. They use In-Memory OLTP to help utilities be more efficient by allowing them to switch from the traditional meter that is measured once a month to smart meters that provide usage measurements every 15 minutes. By taking more measurements, they can better match supply to demand. With the new system supported by SQL Server 2014, they increased from 5 million transactions a month to 500 million a day.
- TPP, a clinical software provider, is managing more than 30 million patient records. With In-Memory OLTP, they were able to get their new solution up and running in half a day and their application is now seven times faster than before, peaking at about 34,700 transactions per second.
- Enhanced security – Achieve greater compliance with new capabilities for separation of duties. For example, a database administrator can manage data without seeing the sensitive data itself.
- Backup to Windows Azure enables customers to configure backups, which are compressed and encrypted, directly to Azure for greater data protection, taking advantage of Microsoft’s global datacenter.
- Beyond SQL Server 2014, this technology will also be generally available as a standalone tool, SQL Server Backup to Windows Azure Tool, on April 1 supporting prior versions of SQL Server.